So here, in no particular order, are my reasons to blog:
- A whole bunch of blogging ladies had become my virtual friends. It was a pretty one sided friendship though and I was beginning to feel like a peeping Tom without putting myself out there too.
- It's a place to document the tablescapes that I have created. I started doing them for church about a year and a half ago, and then people started asking me to do them for private functions. Now I can click the "centerpiece" label and they all come up- my mini portfolio that I can access pretty much anywhere.
- To reconnect with dear friends from the past (you know who you are- love you girls).
- To learn something new (I joined my first linking party today ;)
- Motivation to get some projects on the list done.
But the bottom line is that I'm doing this for fun. There are some amazing ladies out there who have hundreds or more followers and are just celebrating their first blogging anniversary. Kudos to you! I, on the other hand have 2 followers after 4 months. I love you dearly my followers! Thank you! But I am not going to get discouraged because I am still a little fish in the blogging world. Those big whigs must be putting a whole lot more time, money, and effort into this thing that I am willing to. And I'm OK with that. I have these guys to consider:
And him too:
They help me to keep it real. So there probably will not be amazing amounts of involved projects etc. posted here any time soon. I won't be reworking every room in my house in the next ten days. I'm just going to continue being the real me creating, reflecting, and living my real life. BUT there will continue to be smiles on the faces of the 3 men in my life - and MINE.
Thank you to those of you who have told me via facebook, email, phone, or in person that you've been enjoying my blog. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It encourages me to keep on with my little fish efforts.
Love you all!