Friday, September 3, 2010

Kissing Summer Goodbye

Oh, it is bittersweet isn't it?

I love the comfort of fall sweaters, the scent of freshly baked apple pie, and the sight of crimson or burnt orange leaves but it did seem to come early this year. The pic is from a couple of weeks ago. The boys decided to brave the chilly weather to play ball hockey. I don't imagine this is the regular street hockey uniform for August, but it's Canada - and it's always wise to layer :).

I have that same bittersweet feeling about my boys heading back to school. I'm happy to see them settle into their new classes, but I do miss them at home. I'm proud to see them grow more and more independent, but I miss them being my constant companions. I wouldn't want it any other way, but this quiet reflection does remind me to savor the season... no matter which one it is.

So goodbye summer! We'll miss you, but fall is calling. We've got leaves to rake and jump in.

1 comment:

What you say means so much.